The Student Senate is involved and carries out a variety of activities that vary from year to year. Examples of past activities include blood drives, job fairs, sponsorship of the "Welcome Picnic," holiday parties and events and participation/sponsorship of "Movie Nights," etc.
The Student Senate also has sponsored several major contributions to the College including monitors, picnic tables, landscaping, furniture, changing stations, etc.
Any enrolled student paying post-secondary tuition and Student Senate activity fees is eligible for membership.
The following member rights apply:
1. To vote for elective positions of the student government;
2. To hold office, appointive or elective, when meeting the requirements as stated in Article IX;
3. To participate in Pine Technical & Community College activities;
4. To voice opinions on all issues presented to the Pine Technical & Community College Student Senate;
5. To bring forth motions on the floor.
For more information regarding Student Senate, contact Brigett Hippen, Student Senate Advisor, Brigett.Hippen@pine.edu.
2020 Advocacy Day at the State Capital.
Student Senate officers (l to r): Theresa Drevecky, Vice President, Dylan Roberts, President, MN State Senator Jason Rarick, and Colton Abbott, Parliamentarian (far right)
Student Senate Officers Dylan Roberts, Vice President and Colton Abbott, Parliamentarian took 1st Place for the Legislative Training Game out of 35 teams at the 2020 January LeadMN conference.