Get Started Today!
Whether you’re enrolling in classes or still considering if PTCC is right for you, our expert admission staff are here to help you. We can help answer your questions about programs, the college application and admissions process, financial aid, what college life is like, and more.
The best way to determine if PTCC is the right choice for you is to visit campus. PTCC hosts weekly group information sessions, and our admissions staff are available to schedule one-on-one meetings.
Once you have made the decision to join us, follow the next 6 steps:
- Select a PTCC program of study
- Complete and submit the online application – there is no fee to apply, ever!
- Be sure to declare a major or program & save your StarID information.
- Once you have submitted your application, watch for a letter informing you of your enrollment status.
- Applications are due one week prior to the start of the term. Late applicants should contact our Admissions team at 320.629.5100.
Apply to PTCC
Apply for Financial Aid
- PTCC requires proof of graduation (one of the following):
- High school transcript, GED or DD form 214 showing date of graduation/completion
- Official transcript showing conferral of Bachelor's degree from regionally accredited institution in the US.
- Transferring students seeking transfer credits:
- Students should contact previously-attended institutions to request official transcript(s) to be sent to PTCC for evaluation.
- Exception: You do NOT need to submit transcripts from other Minnesota State colleges and universities you have attended. PTCC will obtain these for you after your application is processed. This exception does not apply to the University of Minnesota.
- PTCC requires that students submit proof that they have been vaccinated against, or have legal exemption for measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), tetanus, and diphtheria (Tdap).
When your application is processed, you will be invited to campus for an orientation and registration session. Some students may also need to take the Accuplacer assessment to determine course placement.
- PTCC’s course placement process determines a student's readiness for reading, writing, and mathematics courses. It is used to assist a student with the selection of appropriate courses to help assure a student's success upon entering PTCC. All degree-seeking students are required to satisfy course placement.
Determine Course Placement
- Attend an Orientation & Registration Session to finalize enrollment at PTCC. Admissions staff will guide students through course registration and share information about financial aid, paying tuition, important deadlines and campus-wide policies and procedures.
- Call Melissa Newburgh at 320.629.5133 to reserve a space.
Reserve a Space at Orientation
Taking College Course in High School?
High School students who plan on taking college-credit courses while still in high school may need to submit additional documentation after submitting an application to PTCC. Visit PTCC’s College Credit in High School page for more information, or contact Jodie Klinkhammer, K-12 Partnerships Coordinator, at Jodie.email@example.com or 320-629-5117.